||Huerto Pío-Fundación Sierra Minera
||NGO: Environmental education with all ages and groups
||Road F-40, Cartagena, Murcia, Spain
|Gardening opening in
- Dimension: 1600 sqm
- Growing methods: soil and compost.
- In the garden the organisation cultivates: Vegetables, Herbs, Fruit trees and Root plants.
- Activities with children: sowing and planting.
- In the gardening activities collaboration between children is frequently promoted
- Main objectives of the educational garden:
- to help an individual child to feel that it is part of nature;
- to help the group / class to share tasks and understand where there food comes from.