- Dimension: 300 sqm
- Growing methods: soil, compost, there is a pond in the garden where we grow water plants for decorative and water cleaing purpose.
- In the garden the school cultivates: Vegetables, Decorative Plants, Cereals, Herbs, Fruits trees, Berries, Root plants.
- Activities with children: ssowing, replanting, harvesting, food preparation, observation and language skills, developing the gross and motor skills, basic mathematic skills as counting seeds, comparing size, weight and shape of the plants and their fruits.
- Link with the school curriculum: yes. Some of the garden topics are related to the curriculum but the garden activities are completed during the outdoor play time and not during the learning schedule.
- Main objectives of the educational garden:
o to help the individual child to develop his/her personal relationship of interest and love of nature, to acquire their own positive experience in working with land and plants, to develop practical knowledge and skills for recognition and cultivation of edible plants, to develop their physical, emotional and intellectual abilities
o to help the group / class to learn to develop social skills and abilities for positive communication, self-expression, respect and coordination with others.